Monday, December 1, 2008

A Little Bit about Callie Cat


Callie Cat can bake a cake and cover it with candy.
Callie Cat can bake some cornbread too! Callie is so handy!
Callie Cat can back some cupcakes. Her cupcakes are so cakey.
Callie bakes some cookies too! Her cookies are so flaky!


Bet you couldn't guess what letter/alphafriend we are meeting this week?!?!?! The letter C!!! Even though Callie is an amazing cat that can cook (Sure wish she could teach me!), the best part about learning the letter C is that our favorite holiday begins with it, CHRISTMAS!! Oh Boy!!! In Kindergarten, this is the best time of year! It is so much fun to watch the kids get excited about the holidays! We even had a parent donate a real tree this year but we had to say No. I guess it is a BIG school rule and against all safety codes to have a real tree! I hated to say no but figured that I need my job and would miss the kids terribly if I couldn't stay and teach the rest of the year! Mr. Silzly was very nice and tried to make it easier on us, but we were sad! In fact, I think I had tears in my eyes but thanks to Beau and family for trying! Wouldn't it have been nice? The thought will have to do! So, when you come in, just imagine a great smelling Christmas tree in the corner where our Chicka Boom Boom Tree is. We do have some lights up and we will start Christmas projects to help our room look more festive! Come in sometime and see! Maybe we can talk you into staying a while and helping us out! We would love to have you!!! In the meantime, have fun looking for all the words that begin with the letter C. Be careful, as we learned today.....it is a tricky letter. It can sometimes be confused with the letter K!

No comments: