Tuesday, November 11, 2008

BiTs AnD pIeCeS aBoUt FrIdAy'S!


October 2008

Some of you have been asking about Friday's, so I thought I would take a minute to fill you in. The schedule is different on Friday for several reasons. The first is that Kindergarten gets to attend "specials". This is Library, PE and Music. The exciting part is that our class is divided up into 3 different groups and are going to the 3 different specials with the other Kindergarten classes. Clear as mud?!?!!? We have definitely had to practice this and it is getting easier each Friday!
For the remainder of our day, we do what we like to call "special" centers. Each color team stays together and moves through the 4 centers that are set up that day each 15 minutes. The four centers are focused on various math, phonics, art and theme/science/technology skills.
This being said, I wanted to brag on a very special parent teacher. Well, before I do that, I need to say thank you to all of the parents that have came in to help each week, colored things at home, worked with your child, given me special feedback and the list goes on and on! I am truly blessed by all of you and all the time, suggestions, comments and help you have given to our classroom! You are all amazing! This next paragraph is not to down play all you have done by any means at all!
However, I wanted to share about one particular parent that has helped me see things in a different way. (I told you this was a year of changes!!) We have a mom that is an art major and is truly teaching me how to incorporate art (Not just crafts, I can create a theme friendly craft project at the first sound in the word go) and teach art to Kindergarten. Your children are already color mixing (yellow and blue make green!) know about the art technique of printing and that warm colors can be used for Fall. AMAZING! The art our kids are creating is wonderful and the kids have enjoyed it so very much! Our Friday art is a mixture of creativity, true art and wonderful kid exploration. So...Thank you Amy!
Friday's have become a favorite day of mine! If you have a free morning or afternoon off, come on in! You won't be disappointed!!!

No comments: